2. The new format of the online Visa Application Form shall be available on the link http://www.indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/
3. Individual visa applicants applying directly to the India Visa Centres would have the option of applying through `Online Visa Application Form’ or as per the existing manual visa application procedure.
4. The following will be the process for the new Online Visa Application Form;
Log on to the website http://www.indianvisaonline.gov.in/visa/
• Please note the interim `Unique Reference Number’ located at the start, and on each page of the Online Form once you begin. Guidance notes are also provided.
• Complete all the required fields as specified.
• Off-line/hand-written application forms will not be accepted at the Indian Visa Centres on and after 10th October 2011 from travel agents / Tour groups.
• Upon completing and saving the Online Application Form, applicants will be required to download, print and sign the Form and submit it along with the passport and the requisite documents at any nearest Indian Visa Centers
• Photographs with colored background will not be accepted. Photographs only with a white / off white background will be accepted strictly as per the specification i.e. 2×2 inch.
• Submit two photographs (2×2 inch) along with application. Please do not staple both photographs to the application Form. One must be pasted to the front of the visa form while the second must be stapled to the reverse side of the form.
7. It may be noted that the applicants have to sign on the online visa application printout being submitted to the Visa Centre and signature on the visa application need to be identical to the signature on the passport.
• Please ensure to note the interim unique reference number generated at the start (and seen on each page) of the online application form.
• Please record/ note the final reference number that is generated upon completion of your application.
• Provide contact number and e-mail address in your application so that information on your unique reference numbers can be emailed to you.
• Please submit a confirmed and detailed itinerary However, this does not guarantee the issuance of a visa and the decision would still, remain subject to the discretion of the High Commission of India.
• Applications MUST be signed by the applicant him/herself and not by any representative.
• Before submitting your visa application, please check your passport(s) to ensure that there is no valid visa for India.
• All fields on the Online ‘Application Form must be completed in as much detail as possible. When entering address information, please ensure that you provide the Post Code as well.
• Photographs with colored background will not be accepted. Photographs only with a white / off white background will be accepted strictly as per the specification i.e. 2×2 inch
• Please do not staple both photographs to the application Form. One must be pasted to the front of the form while the second must be stapled to the reverse side of the form.
• Please ensure all applications requiring additional documents are completed prior to submission at the Indian Visa Centre.’-Information to this effect is given on the website http://www.indiahighcommission.com.my/ and http://www.indiavisa.com.my/
Information distributed by High Commission of India Kuala Lumpur, on Oct 4, 2011