Mumbai and Shirdi Tour
Mumbai (previously called Bombay) is a thickly populated city on India’s west coast. A monetary focus, it’s India’s biggest city. On the Mumbai Harbor waterfront stands the Gateway of India stone arch, built in 1924. Seaward, close by Elephanta Island holds old cavern sanctuaries committed to the Hindu god Shiva. The city’s likewise popular as the core of the Bollywood entertainment world. Whereas Shirdi on the other hand, is the home to the revered Shirdi Sai Baba. People all around the world flock Shirdi in ever-increasing numbers to pay homage to the Divine and to experience the truth of Baba’s promise that He would be active in answering devotees’ prayers even from his tomb.
- Day 1 – Mumbai Arrival
- Day 2 – Mumbai Half Day Tour
- Day 3 – Nashik to Shirdi
- Day 4 – Shirdi to Shani Signapur
- Day 5 – Shirdi to Nashik
- Day 6 – Nashik to Mumbai Departure
On arrival, meet and assist at the airport, our representative will hand over the “Welcome Folder” and brief you the tour programmed while being checked in at the hotel.
After breakfast, you will be received by our Tour Guide at the hotel lobby and shall proceed with the half day city tour of Mumbai.
What is being covered:
- Gateway of India – one of the most famous landmarks built to commemorate the visit of King George V and Queen Mary to India
- Prince of Wales Museum – famous for its priceless collection of Art, sculpture, painting and various traditional utensils used at that era.
- Siddhi Vinayak Temple – A very popular place of worship dedicated to Lord Ganesha. Learn More
- Dhobi Ghat – Mahalaxmi Dhobi Ghat Mumbai is the world’s largest open-air laundry. People bring dirty clothes from all over Mumbai. And hundreds of washermen and women – dhobis, work their shifts through the day to get the clothes back to their fresh, crisp and spotless state.
- Haji Ali Dargah – an Indo-Islamic Architecture mosque located on an islet off the coast of Worli in the southern Mumbai.
- Choupatty Beach – is a public beach along the Queen’s Necklace in the Girgaon area of Mumbai
Rest for the evening free for shopping and own activities.
On day 3 after breakfast, you will be received by our Tour Guide at the hotel lobby and start the 5.5 hours journey to Shirdi. Afternoon on arrival check in hotel and then rest and refresh for a brief moment. Then visit Mahasamadhi Temple of Sri Sai Baba. Abode of one of Maharashtra’s most revered saint — Sai Baba of Shirdi. Popularly known as the ‘Child of God’, Sai Baba preached tolerance towards all religions and the message of universal brotherhood. Every activity at Shirdi revolves around the vast temple complex dedicated to Sai Baba. Devotees start queuing up in the early hours of dawn to catch a glimpse and seek the blessings of the life-size statue of Sai Baba. Overnight at hotel.
On day 4 visit a few more places of worship surrounding Shirdi.
- Dwarkamani Mosque – features a perpetual Dhuni that was lit by Baba when he was alive.
- Gurusthan – “place of Guru” a place where Baba spent most of time when he came to Shirdi.
- Kandoba Temple – Martanda Bhairava worshiped as a manifestation of Shiva
- Narshima Mandir
- Changdev Maharaj Samadhi
- Sakori – best known as the home of Hindu guru Upasni Maharaj
Around noon we then head to Shani Signapur about 70 kms away from Shirdi. Shinganapur, Sri Shaneshwara or Lord Shanidev is worshipped with utmost reverence and devotion by multitudes of people from all over the world. A unique aspect of this place is, that no temple structure houses the Shanidev. There is only a simple platform on which stands the swayambhu idol, in black stone. The village Shiganapur is unique on its own way where houses here have no door- frames or locks on them for safety. The people here believe that it is the benediction of the god that no crime ever occurs in this village. Evening return to Shirdi, rest of the day at leisure.
After breakfast, we proceed to Nashik (2.5 hours) which is located in the northwest of financial capital city of Mumbai. It is one of the holiest Hindu cities. Kumbhmela is held here once in 12 years along with four other cities in India. On arrival check into hotel. After a brief refresh proceed with exploring the temples including Kalaram Temple, the Naroshankar Temple and the Sundernarayan Temple. Overnight stay at hotel.
After breakfast at hotel free at leisure for own activities till time for airport transfer for your onward journey.
*Check – in/check-out time is 1200 hrs at all hotels
Tour Rate on per person basis
|2 – 4 Pax
|5 – 8 Pax
|Child with bed
|Child without bed
- Traditional welcome on arrival.
- Meeting and assistance on arrival and departure by office representative.
- Transfers from airport to hotels & vice versa, along with the transfer of baggage by an Air conditioned Transport.
- 05 Nights Accommodation in hotel on twin/double sharing basis
- Daily breakfast
- Services of English speaking local guide for sightseeing tours as per the itinerary (except Shirdi & Nashik).
- Check-in & checkout time is 12 noon.
- Government Service tax as per prevailing rate.(If there is any increase in the Service tax, we would charge supplement as per the new rate).
- Monuments Entrance.
- International or Domestic Airfare / Airport tax
- Visa to visit India
- Travel Insurance
- Expenses of personal nature viz. telephone calls, table drinks, laundry, tip etc.
- Tipping for guide and driver, recommended USD 4 per person per element per day
- Any other services/expenses not mentioned above.