Explore Kolkata Tour
Kolkata the city of joy as it is Called, is also commonly considered as the ‘Paris of the East’ as there’s a happy amalgamation of different cultures, styles and moods, coupled along with numerous forms of industries and commerce and politics. Kolkata mainly gained importance in the times of British rule as it had been the capital of India till the year 1912. At present, although it is no more the capital of India, it is the capital of West Bengal and is one of the most important Places of cultural workshop and industrial center.
- Day 1 – Kolkata Arrival
- Day 2 – Kolkata Day Tour
- Day 3 – Kolkata Day Tour
- Day 4 – Kolkata Half Day Tour / Departure
On arrival with Meeting and assistance at the airport, our representative will meet to welcome and escort you to the Hotel. While the room keys and check-in is organized, our representative will also hand over the “Welcome Folder” documents and brief you the tour Programmed. Overnight – KOLKATA
After breakfast, you will be received by our Tour Guide at the hotel lobby and shall proceed with the city tour of Kolkata.
What is being covered:
- Gurudwara Bari Sangat – is the most notable historical Gurdwara in Kolkata. This Gurudwara is said to be blessed by both the Gurus and made sacred by their visit.
- Mother Teresa’s House – also known The Missionaries of Charity established in 1950 by Mother Teresa with the sole purpose to aid mankind with the oath of “Wholehearted and Free service to the poorest of the poor”.
- Belur Math – is the headquarters of the Ramakrishna Math and Mission, founded by Swami Vivekananda. Located on the west bank of Hooghly River, Belur one of the significant institutions in Kolkata.
- St. Paul’s Cathedral – is a cathedral of Anglican background in Kolkata and is noted for its Gothic architecture. The cornerstone was laid in 1839 and the building was completed in 1847.
- Victoria Memorial Hall – is a large marble building which was built between 1906 and 1921.
- Eden Garden Stadium – is a cricket ground in Kolkata established in 1864. It is the oldest and second largest cricket stadium in India.
- Howrah Bridge – is a propped cantilever bridge with a suspended span over the Hooghly River.
On day 3 after breakfast, you will be received by our Tour Guide at the hotel lobby and shall continue with the city tour of Kolkata.
What is being covered:
- Tiretta Bazaar – is a neighborhood near Lalbazar in central Kolkata. It is usually called “Old China Market”. The locality was once home to 20,000 ethnic Chinese Indian nationals, but now the population has dropped to approximately 2,000.
- The Calcutta High Court – is the oldest High Court in India. It has jurisdiction over the state of West Bengal and the Union Territory of the Andaman and Nicobar Islands. The High Court building’s design resembles the Cloth Hall in Ypres, Belgium.
- The Science City of Kolkata – is the largest science centre in the Indian subcontinent. Managed by National Council of Science Museums, Ministry of Culture, Government of India, it is located at the crossing of Eastern Metropolitan Bypass and J. B. S. Haldane Avenue.
- Park Street – is a prominent entertainment and commercial hub of Kolkata. People of Kolkata call this street as “the street that never sleeps”. The street which extends from Chowringhee Road up till Park Circus crossing through a deer park of a British Judge and thus the name Park Street. Other than that, popular buildings like St. Xavier’s College, Asiatic Society, and South Park Street Cemetery etc are located here. Every corner of this street is photo-worthy!
On day 4 visit a few more historical sites such as the Vivekananda Setu, The General Post Office, Writer Building followed by a spot of shopping. Later transfer to the airport for your onward destination.
*Check – in/check-out time is 1200 hrs at all hotels
Tour Rate on per person basis
|Hotel||2 – 4 Pax||5 – 7 Pax||8 – 10 Pax||10 – 14 Pax||15 – 19 Pax||20 – 25 Pax|
- Traditional welcome on arrival.
- Meeting and assistance on arrival and departure by office representative.
- Transfers from airport to hotels & vice versa, along with the transfer of baggage by an Air conditioned Transport.
- 03 Nights Accommodation in hotel on twin/double sharing basis with Breakfast + Lunch + Dinner. meals from DAY 2 starting with Breakfast until dinner on the last day.
- No meals on 1st Day.
- For 4 star category hotel, all dinners are served at the Hotel whilist Lunches are served at local restaurants
- Services of English speaking local guide for sightseeing tours as per the itinerary.
- Check-in & checkout time is 12 noon.
- Government Service tax as per prevailing rate.(If there is any increase in the Service tax, we would charge supplement as per the new rate).
- Monuments Entrance.
- International or Domestic Airfare / Airport tax
- Visa to visit India
- Travel Insurance
- Expenses of personal nature viz. telephone calls, table drinks, laundry, tip etc.
- Any other services/expenses not mentioned above.