Navagraham temples in Tamil Nadu is a set of nine Hindu temples, each dedicated to one of the nine planetary deities, the Navagraham in various places around the South Indian own of Kumbakonam in Tamil Nadu, India. The presiding deity in most of the temples is Shiva, with a shrine dedicated to the planetary deity. Leaving Tirunallar Saniswaran Temple which is located in Karaikkal, all the other temples are located in Kumbakonam.
The temples are a part of the popular Navagraham pilgrimage in Tamil Nadu. It is believed that the planetary deities were cursed by Brahma to dwell in Vellurukku Vanam, the white wild flower jungle and were blessed by Shiva to make it their abode to devotees. The temples have six daily rituals at various times from 5:30 a.m. to 9 p.m., and two yearly festivals on its calendar. The temples are maintained and administered by the Hindu Religious and Charitable Endowments Department of the Government of Tamil Nadu.
View the route map of the Navagraha Temples here
Day 1 Arrival transfer to Kumbakonam (No Meals)
Arrive at Trichy. Met by local representative and proceed to Kumbakonam. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight stay in hotel.
Day 2 Navagraha Tour Day 1 (B/L or D)
6.00 AM – Depart to Thingaloor for Chandiran Temple Darshan
7.30 AM – Depart to Alangudi for Guru Temple Darshan
9.45 AM – Depart to Tirunageshwaram for Rahu Temple Darshan
11.15 AM – Return to Quality Inn VIHA – at leisure
4.00 PM – Depart Hotel to Suryanar Temple for Darshan
5.15 PM – Depart to Kanchanoor for Sukran Temple Darshan
6.00 PM – Depart to Quality Inn VIHA – at leisure
Day 3 Navagraha Tour Day 2 (B/L or D)
6.00 AM – Depart to Vaitheeswaran Koil for Chevvai Darshan
8.15 AM – Depart to Thiruvenkadu for Budhan Temple Darshan
9.15 AM – Depart to Keezhaperumpallam for Kethu Temple Darshan
10.00 AM – Depart to Thirunallar for Sanieeswaran Temple Darshan
12.00 PM – Return to Hotel – at leisure
Day 4 Departure (B)
Morning after breakfast transfer to Trichy airport to board your flight for your onward destination. Tour ends with sweet memories.
* Optional Tour Could be customised to spend additional days in Trichy if required.
- Accommodation on Double sharing basis in Quality Inn Viha.
- Daily breakfast
- All transfer and sightseeing by Air Conditioned vehicle as per the above itinerary
- Assistance on arrival and departure
- Vehicle usage Driver allowance, toll, parking, fuel charge and interstate taxes. etc .
- Applicable taxes for Room Rent, Breakfast and Transport
Cost Does Not Include
- Any train fare / Air fare unless specified.
- Any rides / safari / boating charges
- Any pooja, dharshan Entertainments, etc.
- Entrance fees, Camera Fees and Guide Charges
- Things of personal nature such as Laundry, telephone, etc
- Any other expenses or services not mentioned in inclusions
Feel free to contact us for more information. Further customisation can be done.